Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2019 Ivy Tournament at Yale?
bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
05-31-18 11:26 AM - Post#257442    
    In response to TheLine

i am not sure if I understand the basis of how the site locations are based on reasonableness, logic or better yet, good judgement.

I agree with the premise that selecting the Palestra made reasonable sense year one based on the historic reputation of the Palestra and the expectation that the Quakers were not going to be very good if Robin and crew considered in not giving a team a home court advantage. In year 2, the selection of the Palestra did not make sense if fairness was a major consideration and selecting Yale this upcoming year is not reasonable if fairness was an important factor. Selecting Yale also is not reasoned if image as to site selection is a very important factor.

The selection of Yale makes sense as to reducing overall drive time if fans were coming from different locations - maybe -- or if Robin and crew do not believe that Yale will be very good this year -- unlikely.

A legitimate question would be what is the criteria being used for site selection and has it changed. It is hard to decide on reasonable if the criteria is not known.

I think getting out of the Palestra was a function of Penn's performance of the last two years and let's throw a "bone" to teams north of NYC. Another possibility is that Robin throws names in a hat and closes her eyes -- reasonable???

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.182 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:54 AM