Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2019 Ivy Tournament at Yale?
TheLine 
Professor

Reg: 07-07-09
06-01-18 11:29 AM - Post#257543    
    In response to palestra38

This board doesn't get much of the opinions of the players, coaches (who are more hooked into the opinions of the players) and students - though I acknowledge there are far fewer who follow the team than when we were students. I'd surmise the younger voices are more into a tournament then the predominantly older voices on this board. Also the Penn, Princeton and Harvard voices tend to drown out all others.

I am a Penn undergrad, Columbia grad. I agree that the undergrad experience makes a larger impression. That said, I love Columbia basketball and when I post on the Columbia boards it's solely as a Columbia alum and as a defender of my fellow Columbia posters. And of the Columbia players, as Q03 can attest to even though he's one of my absolute favorite posters on the Penn board. My opinions about the league are quite likely different from the average Penn alum due to also being a Columbia alum. The resurgence of Columbia basketball during Smith's Rosenberg-Lo-Barbour teams was a great pleasure for me. I also recognize it's a long uphill climb for Columbia to compete against the leagues big boys year in and year out. Having a 3rd or 4th seed on the line towards the end of the year is a big boost.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.119 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:31 AM