Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2019 Ivy Tournament at Yale?
Streamers 
Professor
Streamers
Loc: NW Philadelphia
Reg: 11-21-04
06-01-18 11:37 AM - Post#257547    
    In response to mbaprof

I've got the solution! Award the ILT to the school at the bottom of the pre-season poll to minimize the chance of HCA.

Seriously, I think all the old farts on the board like myself who dislike the ILT, in part because of the logistical issues, accept that it is here to stay unless you see a slew of conferences start to give it up for lack of interest (a possibility given the sparse crowds at many of them.) I think we also know that the players and coaches are pretty much in universal favor of it, and that is reason enough to tolerate it.

That does not in any way mean that we think any less of those who disagree or that we are trying to impose our opinions on others. That is what the OTB is for.

Pretty soon, this issue will give way to a far more interesting one: How the 1-done rule will change and the potential impact on mid-majors in general and the IL in particular;ar. Looking forward to that debate.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.191 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:38 AM