Username Post: Zach & Nana NBA Workouts
bison63 
Postdoc

Reg: 01-23-06
08-03-18 10:41 PM - Post#259941    
    In response to Bison137

• Bison137 Said:
  • bison63 Said:
Those ‘06 and ‘07 classes have got to be the two best.

Note that I said "scholarship" classes, so the Lee/Bettencourt class is not in play. And I think if this year's graduating class had also had a Lee and a Bettencourt on the same team that they might well have won an NCAA game or two. A team of Foulland, Thomas, Lee, Bettencourt, and Brown would look pretty formidable. I wouldn't say McNaughton, Brown, and Badmus were better than Foulland, Thomas, and Brown - they just had a much better supporting cast from the class before them.

I think we were talking about the “greatest class ever,” so I did not, and do not feel bound by the scholarship qualifier. (And was Badmus also non scholy?)

No getting around the point that the class of ‘06 made the class of ‘07 better, as well Griff and Mastro. Still, i’ll take the class with the Dance wins over the others. The lack of that signature win, takes this years class out of it. Yes, Vandy, but signature win? Don’t think so. Too many “ nice tries” for the class of ‘18 to be the best ever, IMO. Shoulda beat MD, coulda beat WVU, etc, etc.

As we all know we can go round and round on this and nobody will ever win the argument because of its subjective nature, which is what makes it a great “dog day” topic. But maybe what we are proving is that Pat Flannery did Bucknell’s greatest ever recruiting over a period of years there. None of our other very good coaches ever had multiple all time greatest class candidates on the same team as did PF. Would not be surprised to see Nate do it as well before he is done.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.008 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:11 AM