Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Bucknell FB
Doktore K 
Masters Student

Reg: 11-11-09
09-24-18 09:59 AM - Post#261569    
    In response to Bison89

I live in the Philly suburbs and follow Villanova sports pretty closely, yes even the Nova football team. But I had little interest in attending this game. It turned out uglier than I thought. Here are a few stats that are stark and disappointing: We had 87 yards passing for the game, despite being way behind and forced to pass nearly every play in the second half. Less than 100 yards passing for the game? We were down 42-7 at the half. Nova was motivated and angry after being upset by Towson (45-38) the prior week.

But Towson (not an annual football power) racked up over 500 yards of total offense vs. Nova, including 320 yards passing, and scored 35 points in the first half vs. the Wildcats!

I'm not usually one to cut right to the point but when your best player is your punter, you are a football team with multiple issues. We don't seem to have the size, speed or skills to compete well with teams like Penn (IVY LEAGUE) or Villanova ("basketball school").

Hopefully, the Patriot League (as noted above) is weak overall this year and will be an easier task for our football team. After the last two weeks, it has to get better but significant changes need to be made. I am 100% in favor of keeping and improving the program. One of my thoughts is that we should look long and hard at what Tom Gadd did so well over his successful term-- how did he and his staff break the "blah" seasons and tenures of other coaches here??

Thoughts on improving this picture?

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.009 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:10 AM