Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Starting Lineups
GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
10-08-18 03:12 AM - Post#262097    

Its probably really early but that what makes it fun. Speculating on starting lineups for the Big Green is probably more challenging than the other ivies. Going on three years now and I’m not sure exactly how our starters are determined. But here’s my first take on it for 2018-19.

Barry
Sistare
Smith
Knight
Jackson

This is not my optimal lineup but my best guess given what I’ve read and the coaches tendencies. Barry should have been starting as a freshman out of the gate. He’s steady and solid from behind the arch. Smith was a starter before getting injured and was averaging 12pts, so hes a no brainer. Knight is lauded by the press and his production was solid when given minutes last year. The other two are my best guess. Sistare was solid off the bench last year and as a jr. plays to the coaches proclivities for upper classmen. Jackson had some solid games and reminds me of he who shalt not be named at Purdue.

With the exception of Smith and Knight I dont see much athleticism in this line up. I would anticipate were going to want to play with pace in name only but be a more dribble the ball up and get into our set team. I wouldnt anticipate much fast breaking. If were going with my best guess lineup I expect the ball to go through Knight or Jackson as the initiators of our offense. I can see us using much of the clock to run our set and find a shot.

Given what we saw in previous years we’re likely eschewing pull-ups and mid range shots for post scoring and spot up three pointers.

I don’t think there is anything controversial in what Ive said. Would hope we mix it up a bit, maybe a freshmen breaks through in practice and changes the paradigm a bit. I dunno. What does anyone else think?
"...no excuses - only results!”

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.231 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:47 AM