Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ivy League Preseason Media Poll
palestra38 
Professor

Reg: 11-21-04
10-20-18 01:25 PM - Post#263112    
    In response to AntiUngvar

I was an XPN broadcaster, not a DP reporter (my daughter was both a sports reporter and editor for the DP). And while Chuck Daly was right--as a 20 year old, I really didn't know anything about basketball, if YOU knew anything about basketball and/or saw that Penn-Yale game, you knew Penn got jobbed, although I agree with you (and complained about it on the board then)that it was ridiculous to foul and give them a chance to win, instead of just tie with a contested 3. Still, it was an Ivy League tie--the second seed was based on ridiculous seeding rules (you should be seeded higher if you lose to a better team rather than a worse team like Columbia). Anyway, we won last year and did so fair and square. I have no problem with the tournament moving---just not to a high school sized gym that cannot possibly hold the number of people who will want to go. If it is to be played in Connecticut, they should play it at Fairfield or Bridgeport.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.848 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:11 PM