Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2019 Recruiting
rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
10-28-18 02:07 PM - Post#263675    
    In response to Silver Maple

Cornell gets its first recruit for the Fall of 2019. Jordan Jones is a 2 star 6' 5" SG from LA, who graduated from Oaks Christian High School in Southern California. This year, he is doing a prep year at Phillips Exeter Academy.

He is not listed as having any other offers, at Verbal Commits.

Last year, he was first team Division 2A All-CIF (California Interscholastic Federation). He averaged 14 points, 6.5 rebounds and 4.5 assists per game.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/03/26/all-cif-bo ys...

https://www.theacorn.com/articles/swish-inc/

Interesting info from the above article:
- Jordan Jones is one of the best basketball players in Ventura County.

At one time, his body was ravaged by an autoimmune disorder. He was hobbled by juvenile arthritis. He shuttled in and out of hospitals. He kept getting injured and sick. His body atrophied.

He became, in his own words, weak.

The autoimmune disorder he suffered in eighth grade and his freshman year of high school was never officially diagnosed.

And then, poof, it was gone.

“It was really a two-year long mystery that kind of went away,” said Jones, an incoming senior at Oaks Christian High. “I don’t even know how to wrap my head around it.

“I’m just glad it’s over. Now, I’m honestly just happy to play basketball.”

Jones, 18, exudes joy on the court. The sweet-shooting lefthanded guard can be found smiling and cheering loudly for his teammates. He knows the game can be snared away from him at any moment, and he appreciates, truly appreciates, every moment. -

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.27 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:48 AM