Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Memphis
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
11-20-18 03:45 PM - Post#266666    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

Dusted off some of the code, because this is interesting to me and doesn't really fit my eye. I thought we were having a pretty impressive non-conf campaign especially considering how short-handed many of the teams are.

Right now, we're having our second-most successful November this decade (avg. game score 47.4 - i.e. in our average game, the league is playing like a .474 pythag team or about 175th nationally). Last year that number was 42.7 and our worst ever November was 36.8 (2013-14).

Four teams have a game score game of 89 or better (Yale, Cornell, Penn and Brown) and there have been nine games with a game score of 66 (~Top 100 in rankings) or better:

Yale (2): N-Cal (92); @Memphis (66)
Penn (2): vs. Lafayette (90); N-UNI (76)
Harvard (2): @UMass (75); @URI (66)
Cornell: @NJIT (90)
Brown: vs. Army (89)
Dartmouth: @Davidson (66)

Yale's average game score thus far is 79, which is 12th best for any team-month this decade. Harvard is at 63 and Penn is at 62 (both Top 50). Dartmouth (yes, DARTMOUTH) is at 54. Princeton and Columbia are having bottom 20 team-months this decade, and that should change for Princeton at the very least as it gets Cannady and Llewellyn back and plays more than one D1 game.

Yes, the league is without a Tier I or Tier II win thus far (though GMU or UMass could end up getting there). And yes, it blew three opportunities in the final seconds for clear Tier II and possibly Tier I wins (@Davidson, @Memphis and @URI). But the league's Top 3 teams have a combined 12 Tier I and II non-conf opportunities left and Princeton, Brown, Cornell and Dartmouth add another 14 more. The league is playing really well right now and should claim a handful of those scalps (especially if it gets healthy sooner rather than later!).
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.119 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:09 PM