Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Monmouth
Petrie 
Freshman

Reg: 11-14-16
11-24-18 06:57 PM - Post#266907    
    In response to SRP

I’ve hesitated to bring this up, since I’m guessing it’s a bit of a tired topic on this board, but I note a couple recent references.

What ever happened to putting opponents in unfamiliar territory by running ultra disciplined offense, constant movement, constant cutting to basket, ball screens, ie the Princeton offense. Not talking about a pure version - take fast breaks, take early 3’s or lay-ups, but when play has settled, why can’t we get into the familar sets and patterns that always made Princeton distinctive? Whatever happened to The Smart Take from the Strong ? And it’s not just offense - When matchups are not advantageous why aren’t we in a zone, capitalizing on opponents’ impatience, and mitigating quickness and/or size deficits ? Is carill’s 1-2-2 match up no longer teachable?

Now, watching the tigers is no different than watching any mid-major hoping to be pretty good. I don’t know if I’m more angry or saddened.

I’ve been watching for over 50 yrs, and I’ll always watch, and root, and look for any news of tiger bball, but just had to get this off my chest.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.182 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:50 AM