Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: USF 84 Dartmouth 65
GoBigGreenBasketball 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-19-16
11-25-18 12:26 PM - Post#266973    
    In response to Greenhorn

What good I saw was overshadowed by concerns. I know our perimeter defense is near last in the NCAA, but our offense wasn't bad. That's changing. If we can't run sets to get our shooters open we're in for a painful season.

Like greenhorn said things went south rather fast. There were no real adjustments. We got three point shots just not enough from our league leading shooters.

Sistare should have gotten more minutes, someone can decide which guard switches minutes but he can get to the rim and isn't afraid to mix it up. Plus he's shooting the three pretty well. That's an adjustment that seems easy. When your playing better schools particularly with good defense. It can't hurt to have more players who can create something for themselves or others. If our sets aren't working put guys like Sistare out there to make something. I thought Samuels did well.

Given that our primary strength is our 3pt shot we have to get more from Smith, Foye, and Barry. I'd try some combination Slachert, Samuels, Carter, and Sistare if our starting lineup isn't scoring from the perimeter. All these guys are good at attacking the basket.

The only other quizical thing was once this have was far gone, couldn't we have given more than a minute to Wade and Letoa? Shoot we could have given more minutes to the bench in general and not risked injury to any of our starters! I think you risk damaging morale if you're not giving PT to your recruits in what most call "garbage time".
"...no excuses - only results!”

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.009 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:43 AM