Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Northeastern Game
Old Bison 
Masters Student

Reg: 07-09-17
11-29-18 09:01 AM - Post#267480    
    In response to bison63

A bit of Paulson-itis last night. If the other team has 56 pts at halftime and 71 pts with over 14 minutes left then in my mind you have an OBLIGATION to get tactical and switch defenses to try to change the tempo and make them reset. You can make the counter obligation that this was no different than the 2nd half performance against VT or FU going from 40 to 20. However, the start of the second half and the continued easy baskets shouldn’t have been ignored. I understand a system coach trying to work in real-time on those aspects he feels are required to win the PL but that’s why Sojka is there 27x7. I think you owe it to the everyone to try everything in your tool bag to win the game at hand. Being successful in OOC is critical in getting kids consistently. Hell, a terrible HC squad road a 1-3-1 to a PL tourney title. If nothing else my mental health would be at risk. Love the staff, love the kids, love our program’s passion but I didn’t get it under DP and don’t get it under ND. When you’re overmatched MTM than change the terms of engagement. Coaching is an awful challenge and playing Monday morning QB a disgraceful obsession but I do think this is a valid point of distinction/contention. After all said and done I’m on board with ND and the guys 100%. Easy to be a critic. Not easy to win basketball games when the other team has the same exact goals. X’s and O’s only get you so far...hopefully we come out with some takeaways
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.129 seconds.   Total Queries: 15   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:42 AM