Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: George Washington
SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
12-03-18 01:29 AM - Post#267839    
    In response to AntiUngvar

More from Much, who's become very tentative, would be great. Schwieger seems like a good traditional Princeton player who is stranded in the new assist-free offensive scheme. At one point Cannady actually hit him with a pass in the middle of the GW zone and he was so surprised he turned it over. Still, he used his size well and managed to work in a couple of decent passes. Loved seeing Aririguzoh stay out of foul trouble and remain productive.

I don't think Morales is getting the love he deserves--his ball pressure and steals on return passes have been critical to the Tigers' defensive performance so far. Their lead was all the way down to three points in the second half, GW was rolling with its coach pumping his fist, when Morales picked off a pass and went in for the layup. That broke the Colonials' momentum and from there Princeton pulled steadily away. Obviously Llewelyn needs to get plenty of run to find out what he's really got, but it would be a mistake to remove Morales from the rotation unless Llewelyn can provide comparable ball pressure and steals.

I am very happy that Princeton is playing multiple zones and matchup zones to complement the man-to-man. It seemed to throw GW off as it has previous opponents and they've looked more comfortable and consistent playing those defenses.

Hope Gladson recovers soon. The guy has had pretty bad luck with injuries and his minutes as a big guy are likely to be useful down the road against teams with a lot of post presence.

It was pretty special watching Cannady score on the business end of an alley-oop. I'm not sure, but I don't think he's missed a FT yet this season either.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.169 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:24 AM