Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Siena
HARVARDDADGRAD 
Postdoc

Loc: New Jersey
Reg: 01-21-14
12-03-18 01:42 PM - Post#267881    
    In response to SRP

Certainly not optimal. I'm sort of hoping that the end of exams (Dec 21st) would be a great time to start reintegrating some or all of the Big 3 - at least in practices.

Even if they don't participate against GW (12/22), Mercer (12/29) and UNC (1/2), they'll have McGill (1/6) before opening the Ivy season at Dartmouth. A game vs Howard (1/21) is followed by the home iteration of the Dartmouth series (1/26).

Thus, until Harvard plays Princeton and Penn the weekend of Feb 15th the Crimson have only 3 Ivy games: Dartmouth (2x) and at home vs Yale on Feb 1st.

Still a very nice window to prepare for he Ivy season and, eventually, the tournament. Although I hate to look at things this way, since seeding is largely irrelevant, as long as the Crimson make the tournament there don't seem to be any consequences to taking a conservative approach, other than gaining experience playing together. Alleviating that concern is the fact that Seth, Bryce, Chris and Justin have played together for years. This period is giving the rest of the squad valuable playing experience. Assuming a healthy roster, Tommy will hopefully only need to determine who the 5th starter (2 guard) is - Corey, Christian or Noah.

My bottom line is that I'm just hoping that the Big 3 are healthy for March.

If anyone objects to this approach, please refer to my posts opposing the Ivy Tournament which contemplated this scenario. One of the 4 or 5 top teams just needs to play well for one weekend in March to move on to the NCAA tournament.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.325 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:12 PM