Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
12-05-18 11:35 PM - Post#268176    
    In response to jkrun80

• jkrun80 Said:
  • crd012 Said:
These commentatorsare tough to listen to. They’re just not good

They’re terrible. Thought some of the PL announcers were bad.

I didn't have a problem with their rooting for La Salle. They're certainly not worse than Birdsong in that regard. But I did have a problem with their lack of baskeball knowledge and poor analysis. I could give 50 examples, but I will stick to two:

- Sestina ends up guarded on a break by a smaller opponent, and the color man questions how La Salle could let such a small defender guard Sestina. He ignores the fact - or didn't even notice - that Brookins at the other end had dove for a loose ball and ended up trailing the play at the other end by 25 feet, which forced a smaller man to pick up Sestina. But the announcer acts as if they randomly decided to put a small guy on Sestina and have their center pick up a Bucknell guard.

- Later in the game, the refs go to the monitor for a review and the color man hypothesizes its to check whether Sestina traveled. Anyone with any knowledge of basketball - and certainly anyone calling a basketball game - should know that video review is extremely limited and can never be used for things like traveling. (Also most OB plays, normal fouls, goaltending, etc.) Any knowledgeable basketball fan should have known the clock operator had incorrectly reset the shot clock, despite their being no clear possession after a missed shot, and they were just confirming that.

Note: I am not suggesting that Birdsong is immune from these sort of gaffes either.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.302 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:54 AM