Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2019 Recruit News
Quakers03 
Professor

Reg: 12-07-04
12-22-18 08:10 AM - Post#269721    
    In response to jmverlin

Upper Dublin was definitely outmatched but if they didn’t shoot free throws like Penn they would have had the lead with 3 mins left in the first half. Instead, Lucas and Dixon put on an end of half show to lead Abington on a 14-0 run the last 2:15.

I’ll start with Nova-bound Dixon. He is just massive and if he gets himself into college shape by sophomore year he will make an impact. These hs kids had no chance when he puts his head down and he has a very sweet lefty stroke which he used to sink multiple 3s.

Onto Lucas. The first word that comes to my mind is athletic. I only wish you guys could see what he attempted to do to a poor UD kid. Out of nowhere he just takes off in the lane, flies over him, and almost pulls off the posterization. The dunk came up short but he went to the line. He also just missed two other alley oop attempts but he certainly plays above the rim.

His handle is solid and he found himself bringing up the ball a good deal even though they have smaller ball handlers. Abington likes to go so that’s probably why he had it so much, and he and Dixon don’t sub out. I didn’t see him break anyone down one on one but he’s quick and certainly can finish on the break. He favors the left but he did finish one nicely with his right hand high off glass.

I believe he was about 9-10 from the free throw line so that was comforting. He has a very confident lefty stroke. However I did not see him attempt any real jumpers. There might have been one but I dont remember it. He was also a load to handle on the o-boards and at one point took control of the team and told his guys to slow down. He had at least one block but not much else could be learned defensively vs that team.

Overall I came away impressed with his athleticism and think he can contribute if he has a jump shot. I told him after the game to remind Eric about what happened last week.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.262 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:46 AM