Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Monmouth
PennFan10 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-15-15
01-01-19 12:49 PM - Post#270736    
    In response to Penn7277

• Penn7277 Said:
I wonder if they have players practice foul shots when they are tired. Maybe that would be a good idea.

You can't seriously think this is a new idea right? I am pretty sure the team practices foul shots extensively, and in every situation. I am also pretty sure they make a much higher percentage of them in practice than they do in the games. Foul shots at this level is almost all mental. Some guys have the confidence they will make them all the time and some don't.

When you are playing the 13th and 14th player off your bench for double digit minutes against an inferior opponent, things become a lot more equal and small things are the difference in a game. Like a missed breakaway layup, a lane violation on their only miss at the FT line, Shooting 45% from the line when your season average is 55%, going 1-6 from 3 when you're sole purpose for playing to make 2 of 5, leaving your feet as an on ball defender so the opponent can draw a foul, etc, etc, etc.

Any one of these mistakes was the difference in the game when the margin was so thin.

Edited by PennFan10 on 01-01-19 12:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.27 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:43 AM