Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2019 Recruit News
Stuart Suss 
PhD Student

Loc: Chester County, Pennsylva...
Reg: 11-21-04
01-05-19 01:58 AM - Post#271151    
    In response to TheLine

I saw Lucas Monroe play in Abington's win over Plymouth Whitemarsh.

First the numbers: By my unofficial count, Lucas was 3-11 from the floor, 5 for 7 on foul shots, 3 offensive rebounds, 2 defensive rebounds, a blocked shot, 3 steals and two assists. He had no turnovers, but lucked out of two turnovers when bad passes ended up, after deflections, in the hands of his teammates.

My opinions are substantially similar to that of Quakers03, as posted by him two weeks ago.
1. Lucas can jump out of the building.
2. He is taller than our current guards which will enable him to switch on defense without ending up in size mismatches.
3. He is left handed, handles the ball relatively well and exercises a leadership role on his team. He did not attempt many difficult passes.
4. Of his 11 field goal attempts 10 were from inside the paint and the 11th was a short, baseline jump shot. He did not successfully finish most of his drives to the basket, partly because of the presence of McLeod, P/W's 7 foot plus, Florida State bound, center, partly because he did not draw foul calls he deserved, and partly because of his own failures.
5. Lucas did not attempt a single outside shot and affirmatively passed up several open three point looks. I am advised that learning to shoot from outside is recognized to be a skill that will have to be developed after Lucas arrives at Penn.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.155 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:32 AM