Username Post: Pennsylvania
Tiger81 
Masters Student
Tiger81
Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
01-06-19 03:36 PM - Post#271538    
    In response to SRP

I could not attend or watch the game so I have been trying to connect the dots in reading about this win. My superficial takeaways:

1. Princeton did not have any league wins like this last year, so that is encouraging ... and beating a good Penn team indicates that the playoffs are within reach
2. Aririguzoh was the difference maker and is a player other teams will need to factor into their game plans, also very encouraging and reminiscent of when Kareem Maddox and Henry Caruso unexpectedly emerged as elite Ivy players
3. As noted in other posts, the sophs showed up and have become dependable members of the rotation
4. Defense must have been really good given 15 Penn TOs although it seems that the Quaker faithful’s view is that Penn performed poorly and beat themselves
5. Lots of “ugly win” comments; I assume somehow beating Penn without the Tigers’ two biggest offensive weapons contributing much is the story there; I saw at least one Penn poster say Princeton wouldn’t win if Devin had an off night, so it is good to see that they have more than one way to bring home a victory

Glass half empty narrative is that Princeton got lucky because Penn had a bad night. Glass half full is that Cannady and Llewellyn are unlikely to be simultaneous no-shows again, yet they still beat a good team whose best player had a strong game.

We will learn more about this year’s team at the Palestra.

Go Tigers!
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.233 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:25 PM