Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Final Four Throwback Uni Revealed!
LyleGold 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-22-04
01-11-19 09:39 AM - Post#272059    
    In response to Streamers

In my mind, our colors have always been navy blue and burgandy, but there had always been some slight variation, esp. in the shade of burgandy (warm-brownish, cool-bluish), from year to year and team to team. The real watershed came about a decade ago when the University hired some marketing firm to brand the overall product to create a unified public image. We officially became "PENN" and our colors were established as matching the red and blue of the American flag. The blues weren't bad, but it resulted in red uniforms that were identical to Cornell's color or that found on firetrucks. I always loved the burgandy that we wore in the late 70s, but the throwbacks appear to be a little too gray in tone, almost like the St. Joe's garnet, and kind of washed out looking. The iron on lettering looks pretty cheap, too. You need solid, sewn on numbers and letters to make a strong impression. Nonetheless, it's a step in the right direction, although I'm not optimistic that we'll see further improvements. This is likely a one shot deal.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.274 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:36 AM