Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Final Four Throwback Uni Revealed!
Streamers 
Professor
Streamers
Loc: NW Philadelphia
Reg: 11-21-04
01-11-19 10:00 AM - Post#272060    
    In response to LyleGold

• LyleGold Said:
I always loved the burgandy that we wore in the late 70s, but the throwbacks appear to be a little too gray in tone, almost like the St. Joe's garnet, and kind of washed out looking. The iron on lettering looks pretty cheap, too. You need solid, sewn on numbers and letters to make a strong impression. Nonetheless, it's a step in the right direction, although I'm not optimistic that we'll see further improvements. This is likely a one shot deal.

Hopefully, all the teams will take a cue from the football program that was the first to get the colors right and go back to the sleeve stripes (although they also fell victim to the gray plague.) Your point about the iron-on lettering on the throwbacks was the root about my opinion that the execution was meh.

I’m afraid we are stuck with the PENN branding though. It is pervasive across the University and too well set in.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.528 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:48 AM