Postdoc
Cvonvorys
Loc: Princeton, New Jersey
Reg: 10-11-06
01-23-19 06:01 PM - Post#273412    
    In response to palestra38

To get back on topic...

• rbg Said:
Even if the reported information is correct, there certainly could be more to a story that involves a young athletic male person of color dealing with the police and a predominantly white community at a convenience store in the early morning hours.

• AntiUngvar Said:
It needs to be noted at some point that none of us are perfect; and, in my humble opinion, that we tend to look at this situation the way white people have historically looked at these types of things- you need not agree, and I will have nothing more to offer on the subject.

It really is sad when one has to immediately interject race into the conversation. Bad/reckless behavior is wrong regardless of skin color... According to news reports, "Campus police were called to the store at 3:30 a.m. Friday. Officials said Cannady pushed customers and threatened others during the incident."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketba ll/story/...

So if Campus Police were called in, this incident was one that lasted more than a couple minutes and is serious, regardless of whether Cannady is black, white, brown, red, yellow, or purple.

As a long-time Princeton resident (and in the interest of full disclosure, a Penn Grad) I can assure y'all that there is nothing racial about this event... At least from a law enforcement perspective.

To a hammer, everything is a nail. To some, everything is racially biased.

I have no doubt that the Princeton Athletic Department and the Mercer County Prosecutor's Office will handle this fairly. And I have no doubt that Devin will come out of this just fine...

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.105 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:08 AM