Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Temple
The Grape King 
Freshman

Loc: Philadelphia
Reg: 12-11-18
01-25-19 07:39 PM - Post#273568    
    In response to UPIA1968

Temple's campus being 4th in the Big 5 is objectively false. It's right up there with Penn (very similar campuses save for Penn having more pre-modernist structures, which is a plus), but I've thankfully never set foot on Nova's so I can't speak for it. La Salle and Joe's campuses are both a full step behind, if not more.

Also wrong that our campus is way behind the schools we compete for recruits with. I chose Temple over Rutgers in large part because Temple's campus is far more physically appealing, and has way more life and energy than Rutgers-NB. Seton Hall, St. John's, on the same level as Joe's and La Salle. I've never been to Maryland's, but I've heard fine things. But if you want an urban campus in the northeast, Temple doesn't lack anything. If you don't want that experience, yea, you might end up at Maryland or Penn State.

I think some of you are over blowing my comments about campus as a recruiting tool. It's certainly a factor, but a great campus alone doesn't win any recruits. But like I've said, recruiting margins are razor, razor thin. Rarely does a kid know exactly where they want to go. Every player on our roster probably had a hard decision to make, and maybe if campus looks like it did 15 years ago, Damian Dunn is signed with Georgia Tech and Quinton Rose is playing for DePaul. It's just so tight, everything matters. Of course some things are weighted more, but every factor matters.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.01 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:51 PM