Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: It's trees stupid!
Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
02-11-19 06:25 PM - Post#275949    
    In response to SteveChop

I agree with you. A neutral decent stadium is the right way to go. When we played Princeton for a tiebreaker at Lafayette in Bowman's senior year, I thought it was a dumb location but at least it was fair.

• SteveChop Said:
If it is to be fan interest over fairness, then why is the ILT being played in a 2,500 seat arena where many fans will not be able to get in - remember that there were almost 6,000 fans attending each day of last year's ILT and only a slightly smaller number the prior year. If it is to be a "big boy and girl" tournament, play it in a real arena. If it is felt that the Palestra (the only such arena in the league) gives Penn too much of an advantage, then spend a few shekels and RENT an arena. The (so far) requirement that it be an on campus arena is just a demonstration of IL cheapness - can't tell me that the schools don't have the money to do so. Let's use the greater TV income to rent a real arena - Fairfield and St John's (and maybe even Albany) come to mind as fairly centrally located for the league and much better size than any IL arena except the Palestra.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.174 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:07 AM