Username Post: Nate Sestina
BisonRoadWarrior 
Professor
BisonRoadWarrior
Loc: Where the Bison Roam
Reg: 08-16-06
02-13-19 06:35 PM - Post#276275    
    In response to BisonFan4

In a halftime interview a couple games ago, Sestina elaborated on his plans and said (if I heard it right) that he'll either be pursuing a grad year elsewhere or playing overseas.

He spoke of the desire to graduate and move on at the same time as his classmates/teammates, and also noted that most people can't fully appreciate what a demanding grind it is to be a Division I athlete, and not just during the actual season.

On that latter point, he also talked about how he'd had conversations with Bison now playing abroad, who spoke highly of the ability to have some true down time when they aren't playing, practicing or working out.

I would have loved to have him on the team for another year, but I respect his decision and his pursuit of happiness. That said, it will be less bittersweet if he's doing well in Europe as opposed to seeing him rack up points and boards in a different college uniform!

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.169 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:59 PM