Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Towns
mobrien 
Masters Student

Loc: New York
Reg: 04-18-17
02-20-19 05:23 PM - Post#277328    
    In response to rbg

One question I had about medical redshirts. To be eligible, as I understand it, you can't have played in more than 30 percent of your team's games, or have gotten hurt in the second half of the year.

If Towns came back for the Yale game, I think that would keep him under 30 percent for the year even if we won the Ivy League Tournament and won a game in March Madness. Is that right? I'm assuming that he might want to go play somewhere else as a grad transfer — stupid Ivy rules — two years from now, so this would let him do that while still coming back for the end of this year.

As an aside, it makes no sense to force kids who want to play for you to go play for somebody else if they get hurt during the school year and basically miss a full season. Why make Makai Mason go play for Baylor, or Seth Towns play for someone else two years from now? How is that good for the student-athletes, the programs, or the fans? Changing that and the Ivy's rules on early-season tournaments are probably two of the more obvious things the conference should do.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.14 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:29 AM