Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Simple Question, Complex Answer
Mike Porter 
Postdoc
Mike Porter
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Reg: 11-21-04
02-23-19 11:20 AM - Post#277667    

Simple Question: What the hell happened to this team?

Really like this team’s guts and effort as well as Coach Donahue’s strategy in general, but this Ivy meltdown is confounding to say the least.

I don’t want to hear excuses like “Ivy League is so tough, there are no easy outs” BS that we’ve been hearing in press conferences either. While the Ivy is absolutely tough this year, Columbia had 6 wins overall, was a ~250ish team, we were playing at home, and it was a continuation of struggling that we’ve seen all Ivy season even if we did manage to win in OT. At the beginning of the season, we were blowing out teams at that level. Now we are struggling with them week in and week out.

What’s clear is that something broke... just look at stats in league versus out. They’ve cratered. Defense even worse than offense. We are 7th in defensive efficiency and 5th in offensive efficiency.

I just don’t get it and the concerning part is that Coach Donahue doesn’t seem to either because he is reaching. Oddly playing even less players, players going from starting to nowhere or nowhere to playing 30 mins, but none of it is working.

I’m still a big fan of Coach Donahue and what he has done and is doing for the program (fully behind him) but man, everyone, top to bottom is going to have to do some serious soul searching and self evaluation after this season (whatever the outcome). Last year was brilliant, but this is 2 out of 3 Ivy League Seasons where we played clearly below our performance in non-conference. Something to be aware of and hopefully find a way to fix moving forward.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.398 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:58 AM