Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Columbia
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
02-23-19 01:35 PM - Post#277679    
    In response to Streamers

I think Defense has been an issue for both in Ivy play. That said, Defense was a strength for Bryce prior to Ivy play. Both guys defend well when we are playing athletes being athletes, and less well when things get a little more bogged down in the half court.

However, while I was an early proponent (after the loss at Cornell) of playing our veterans more to try to play better Defense and have more poise late, I think we have now moved too far in the other direction. Last night, we played 3 seniors and 3 juniors when it mattered. While we played a stretch of good Defense there at the end of regulation and in OT, overall the results were the same — generally bad Defense and a seeming inability to play with enough poise to make that one play to get us over the top. Now that the season is precariously close to over, I would like to see us recognizing that these guys are our future and playing them more again. Bryce has hit so many big shots for us this year. In a tight one, I would have liked to see him out there with a chance to hit a dagger shot.

That said, I loved seeing Ray Jerome play the way he did. I think he was playing a little bit of the Caleb Woods role on offense, which was interesting. Reinforcements are coming with injured returnees and recruits next year, but I think Ray should be in the conversation about who will get playing time at guard when Woods and Silpe graduate.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.222 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:54 PM