Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2019 Recruit News
Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
02-26-19 12:33 AM - Post#278009    
    In response to Mike Porter

• Mike Porter Said:
Hard for me to tell much from highlights online but this from his coach Casey after their big win over previously undefeated rival in last few weeks:

Martz, who didn't play in the first game because of multiple injuries, was a difference-maker. The Pennsylvania recruit, who missed 10 games, scored 29 points, including one clutch shot after another when Coffman appeared to be making a charge.

"Max, to me, is the best player in the state of Ohio," Casey said. "Name me a guy more valuable and more complete. He can defend ever position and can hurt you from any spot on the floor. Even more important, he's an unbelievable leader. Having him back for the rematch certainly was a big difference. We knew we'd give them a better game this time around."

I don’t expect him to be able to guard Bryce Aiken, but if he can defend all 5 spots in high school that’s a great start headed into college.

I know folks on the board have looked at him as stretch 4, but at 6’6” he seems more suited to the 3 (and everywhere has him listed as SF).

Shame he got injured and missed 10 games mid season or I’d bet he’d be up for even more Ohio honors end of season.

It wasn't that he didn't perform well in the video I saw. The issue for me is that he looked like he was towering over his opponents. He didn't seem to be playing against the same caliber of opponents as Dingle. That makes it harder to predict how he'll do in the league. He looked solid for a HS player. His stroke was sweet. But I would neither have called him a speedster or a physical player and today's Ivy frontlines are tough.

It isn't at all an insult to say he reminded me of Wang. He also reminded me Max Rothschild when he was a Freshman. Rothschild was highly skilled as a Freshman, but neither fast enough or strong enough to be a leading Ivy player. He has emerged by massively improving on the strength side. Martz seems to me that he could be ahead of Wang and Rothschild in HS, and if he improves on a path like those two, he will be a contributor.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.265 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:44 AM