Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Someone @HarvardMBB Is Very Bad At Their Job
LyleGold 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-22-04
03-13-19 08:41 PM - Post#281172    
    In response to Chip Bayers

All great points. The whole "playoff/tournament is not to determine the Ivy champ, just the league representative in the NCAA Tournament" line is a joke.
If you didn't get in it, you didn't win it.

We've been through this repeatedly on the Penn board (where any Decade of Dominance debate belongs), but nothing comes close to the 70s. Eight outright titles and NCAA appearances. Sadly, one of the two missing years was my freshman year, but we repaid it with a Final Four appearance followed by a playoff victory to open the 80s in my senior year. The Quakers suffered a grand total of 8 league losses in the 8 championship seasons of the 70s. I still don't count the playoff loss years in '81 and '96 as Ivy titles, although the league does. We retroactively hung banners for those co-championships years later, but if you don't go to the NCAAs, you can't claim to be Ivy champ. Period. That's why we are the reigning champs, not Harvard.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.138 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:21 AM