American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: NIT Bid
Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
03-14-19 12:21 PM - Post#281282    
    In response to Bison89

I am not a big fan of these events, but would not be opposed if the seniors want to keep the season going. For those who don'f keep track, there are big differences between the two events. The CIT is sponsored by College Insider and is only for midmajors. It will not take teams with losing records. The CBI caters to mediocre major programs and takes teams with any record if they can draw fans.

In recent years, every PL team except Bucknell, Lafayette, and Navy have gone to one of these tournaments. The CIT, which is only for midmajors, has had American, Army, Boston U (twice), Holy Cross, and Loyola. Colgate (last year) and Lehigh have gone to the CBI.

I like the CIT better because College Insider has supported midmajor basketball. In addition to the many PL teams that have gone, there have been many teams from the Ivy, MAAC, and America East, among others.

One issue is that a team has to be willing to put up money, which can be recouped if it hosts one or more rounds and draws a decent crowd. I doubt the Bucknell administration - which has not supported athletics much in recent years - would guarantee the money. So to accept an invitation, the team might have to find a couple of supportive alums to fund it.

Edited by Bison137 on 03-14-19 12:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.23 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:29 PM