Username Post: Odds To Win The Ivy Tournament
Mike Porter 
Postdoc
Mike Porter
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Reg: 11-21-04
03-15-19 12:15 AM - Post#281401    
    In response to bradley

My sarcasm meter just exploded, but despite your final comment, I was actually just curious if you took your dislike of IvyMadness that far or just were creating a hypothetical scenario. I also read the thread very quickly at lunch so wasn’t that thorough.

Of course you’re free to do whatever you want, watch whatever you want, etc., so more power to you.

For me, life is too short to hate something as silly as IvyMadness, especially to the degree of depriving yourself of your fandom to prove a point to essentially... no one?

Sports fandom is about fun, about community, about diversion from daily grind, etc. You had a very good, undeafeated Ivy Champion team that you could have watched be the the first (and currently the only ever) 16-0 Ivy League team...

And from the outside where I’m sitting instead you basically said “Screw you Ivy League office! I’m going to punish you by not attending to support the team and not watching so I’ll miss out on some awesome Princeton Basketball games and 2X different types of championships in the same season. That’ll show you!”

For me as a Penn fan, if there are games, I’m watching. Even if we lose the Ivy Championship and play in CBI or CBT or whatever random tournament... I’m watching... because I’m a Penn fan and that’s what fandom is about.

Again, you’re free to do what ever you want, but if you’re a true, passionate Princeton basketball fan, then I genuinely just don’t get it and find it counter to being a real fan.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.609 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:46 PM