Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Women advance
rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
03-18-19 01:21 PM - Post#281930    
    In response to SecS3

The Tigers were the better team, especially by the end the season.

Alarie is a unique talent, who had everything on display this weekend. She can hit from any part of the court, and is an excellent passer. She can also bring the ball up as good as most point guards.

She played the second best player in the league and absolutely took control, holding Parker to 5-23 for the game (1-14 in 2nd half). She also added 8 rebounds and 4 blocks for good measure.

After her 3 years at Princeton and her starting for the US's World Cup team two summers ago, it's hard not to think that she will get serious consideration for the 2020 WNBA Draft.

Rush played well and shot the three better than she had done through most of the Ivy season. Littlefield was out of sorts through the first game and a half, then took charge late in the third. That may have been the difference, ultimately, in yesterday's game.

If they want to get through the first round, all 3 will need to be at their best and they will need Jordan to stay on the court for most of the game. I must say I am surprised that they are a #11 seed, since I think last year's team was better and they only got a #12 seed.

With all due respect to the Tournament champs, however, I wish that the league would do something about the timing of the games. It's tough to have these teams fight for the automatic bid when one plays from 6 - 8 pm on Saturday night and the other team goes from 8:30 - 10:30 pm.

The 2017 Ivy Tournament had the opening game at 10 am, which gave Penn a lot more rest than than Princeton, which played its game at 6 pm. Maybe, moving it to Friday would be a better idea since it would give both teams a chance to rest before the Sunday final.

Edited by rbg on 03-18-19 01:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.104 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:53 AM