Postdoc
MrPhillie
Loc: NE PA
Reg: 07-14-08
03-19-19 05:14 PM - Post#282125    
    In response to Bison137

• Bison137 Said:
  • BisonRoadWarrior Said:
How old is that tradition anyway? It seems like it's going overboard. I don't get why it's important to greet the opposing coach before the game.

It's not important, but I agree it creates a bad look when the five Bison starters go over and shake the hand of a waiting opposition coach - but when the opponents are announced they cannot reciprocate because there is no Bison coach available.

Exactly. It is a bad look. Virtually every game that was the case, opposing players come over to shake hands and nobody home. Instead the coaches line up on the baseline like it is a war or something. Meanwhile, Bucknell players get announced and almost always shake hands or hug the opposing coach, often the head coach. I don’t think it is over the top important but what’s wrong with a little sportsmanship? It is obviously something Davis is emphatic about not doing. To me, it’s a bit pathetic. We all have our own opinion.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.299 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:39 AM