Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2020 - Breakthrough Year?
james 
Masters Student

Reg: 03-18-19
03-26-19 05:05 PM - Post#282830    
    In response to SomeGuy

Why do they want to take the ball out of his hands?

Well because they lose too many games to teams with lesser talent. This would include Yale when it mattered and Cornell and more importantly hero ball led to the need for hero shots.

Now Aiken doesn’t see the floor particularly well though admittedly when you shoot 18x sometimes guys are more open at the end of a clock bc well you don’t pass much.

Stats are cool but exceptional hero ball makes them lie. The real issue is Harvard has underperformed its talent level for 3 yrs. there are reasons—injuries, other teams that mesh well etc. but how do you explain the loss to Yale in the playoffs two years ago. Youth? No ivy in modern times has recruiting like this. I guess you could explain the loss to penn last yr and Yale this yr—home court adv and injuries particularly the penn loss.

I repeat—no ivy has recruiting like this.

So next year assuming health either the status quo exists and improves. Or it’s disappointing yet again. As a Yale fan I hope for the latter.

But I know what i would do. I would short the usage/efficiency stats and go long another pg. that is my quAnt formula. It will matter even more bc you need to factor in the other head of the monster, towns. Spread the ball.

it is inconceivable you can’t win the league outright and evengo undefeated at least in the league with this roster. It’s that good. We’ll see.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.118 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:48 AM