Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Another cut at next year
Jeff2sf 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-22-04
05-01-19 04:26 PM - Post#284081    
    In response to palestra38

I do not buy into the idea that "he won a national championship". He was an assistant coach. If the celtics win the championship this year, god I hope not, Jerome didn't win an NBA championship. I don't want to hear anything about what he did or didn't do at Connecticut because we don't know.

He inherited a team that I could have coached to a championship at Penn (Steve, I mean no disrespect, I would just have let you run things). He got the championship. It is telling that he still didn't have much time and that's not because of the alumni but because of who he was. He recruited the guts of an almost ivy champion i guess sounds better than he recruited a team that peaked at KenPom 139 2 years after they were out of his tyranny. And injury riddled is one way to put it, another way is that if Tyler wasn't a senior the same year that Zach was, maybe they don't put it together to be as good.

This is absurd, I can't believe we're having this discussion. He was terrible.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.017 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:52 PM