Username Post: Cornell Softball Problems
mountainred 
Masters Student

Loc: Charleston, WV
Reg: 04-11-10
05-16-19 05:16 PM - Post#284592    
    In response to palestra38

• palestra38 Said:
I don't quite understand the mentality of going to the school papers and trying to create a mob verdict on these coaches. It's just not the way to do things.

I take it you have been gone for a while P38; I hope it was somewhere nice. Unfortunately, in 2019 America, mob rule -- usually via social media -- is the preferred method to handle just about everything.

{end of snark}

The issue that concerns me are the allegations that Farlow ignored concussion protocols and otherwise forced players to play/practice when not healthy enough to do so. If true, those would be offenses worthy of firing a coach. The "coach was mean to me" stuff is likely just a coach who knows she's in trouble (she's won almost, but not quite, 28% of her games in 4 years at a program that used to be quite good) and is not handling the stress well.

My instinct is that the school didn't find anything on the concussion/injury angle -- the potential liability would encourage action -- and is otherwise just waiting for the end of Farlow's contract to move on. I'm sure they don't want to be paying two coaches for a sport that draws 100 people a game.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.102 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:31 AM