Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Jack Montague
bradley 
PhD Student

Reg: 01-15-16
07-04-19 04:11 PM - Post#285607    
    In response to palestra38

It would not be surprising that Yale's defense team advised their client to settle this matter and I am believe that it was for a significant amount although we will never know as parties to the settlement probably mutually agreed to a non-disclosure clause. If Yale properly followed their own rules and conducted an unbiased investigation, I doubt that they would have settled based on my experience in these matters.

Someone like Montague or any other student deserves due process. There is very much a rush in this country to blow off due process if it does not fit a narrative, including both from the left and right. It is indeed sad to put it mildly. Reminds me of some shenanigans that have gone on over the past year in DC regarding due process.

You can only hope that Yale or any university is thoughtful and fair as to how they handle these matter to protect the rights of all parties, both women and men.

People who rushed to convict Montague or anyone else without due process will ultimately cost a university money. Administrations need to be thoughtful and diligent in performing their responsibilities as well as creating an environment that protects female students. If not, Yale and others will be wasting valuable resources.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.203 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:13 AM