Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: What Does the Athletic Dept Owe to the Ticket Buyers?
SteveChop 
PhD Student

Reg: 07-28-07
08-20-19 04:32 PM - Post#287086    
    In response to palestra38

You asked a couple of different (though somewhat related questions). As I think I responded to Mike James recently, while the Wooden Legacy Tournament can be an exempt tournament (as viewed by the NCAA), the Ivy rules do not permit playing in more than TWO exempt tournaments in any FOUR year period.

I believe that Penn absolutely was aware of this but concluded that the better competition it would face in the Wooden tournament was better than they would be able to arrange outside of it and, therefore, agreed to count the Wooden Tournament as three games. I do not believe that they had to give up HOME games, just that they are still restricted by Ivy rules to 27 total games.

I agree with your (separate) point that requiring (effectively) a 27% increase in ticket prices is piling on, especially for those of us who intend to GO to the Wooden Tournament. That does not sit well with me and I intend to see if anything can be done about that. After all, I'm a retiree with plenty of time to beat my head against the wall.

Edited by SteveChop on 08-20-19 04:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.15 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:12 AM