Username Post: "The Great Enrollment Crash"
Bison89 
Professor
Bison89
Loc: Philadelphia
Reg: 11-14-07
09-10-19 09:17 AM - Post#287545    
    In response to BisonRoadWarrior

BRW, that is very interesting and does not surprise me. I know that most of the parents that my wife and I know are very stressed out about how expensive private school tuition has become. When did $70k per year become the norm?

There is no way that many people can pay $280k for an undergraduate education, especially when medical, dental, law school, etc. is next. As such, even though we live in a middle class to upper-middle class town that values a quality education, the overwhelming majority of students seem to be going to state schools or to the private school that gives them the largest merit scholarship. Ironically, we just had a talk with my 17-year-old about this topic. He definitely does not want to graduate with any debt. So, as you can imagine, this will influence his decision making process.

Universities need to find a way to drastically cut costs or offer larger merit scholarships. Otherwise, it would not surprise me if some 2nd and 3rd tier schools end up closing or consolidating.
New season, new team, new dream . . .

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.145 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:45 PM