Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Thoughts
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
01-29-05 03:07 PM - Post#2879    

I went to the game (I was the one guy cheering) and was struck by a few things.

1) Pretty lame crowd. Nothing personal, but relative to what I've come to expect from Princeton fans in terms of both numbers and noise, the crowd didn't do anything to get Brown off balance.

2) Role uncertainty on offense. Venable was forcing drives. Wallace was hesitating on threes, and losing the ball down low. Other than Savage, who looked good hitting threes early, nobody seemed comfortable where they were. Plus, I don't recall seeing a single back door layup.

3) Bad break late? Just before Venable banked that three with 20-some seconds to go, the ref seemed to think that Scott had called a time out after they'd recovered a (rare) o-board. Scott seemed incredulous, and that's a two point game right there. Who knows?

4) Rebounding. Brown is a terrible rebounding team, but got more second chances than I can remember. Princeton got hardly any.

5) Flaherty outplays Wallace. Never thought I'd be saying that one.

I spent probably 15 minutes Thursday explaining to Jake why I thought Princeton would win the league. Maybe this is the wake up call. But, as Jake points out, if Princeton can't shoot from three and can't rebound, it's going to be hard for them - even against Ivy teams. That's what we saw last night.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.639 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:07 PM