Username Post: Faulds and Hanson
Billy Hoyle 
Freshman

Loc: Roar-ee's Lair
Reg: 12-17-14
01-27-20 01:41 PM - Post#297580    
    In response to Murph

• Murph Said:
For the life of me, I will never understand Jaron Faulds' decision to transfer. Michigan is a great school, but it's not Columbia. And let's face it, none of these kids are going to the NBA, so they might as well get the best degree possible. On top of that, it's been two years since he's played much at all. After a promising freshman season at Columbia, he sat out a year, and is now buried at the end of the Michigan bench.

IMO, a much better option for Faulds would have been to play extensively for three years at Columbia, then take his last year off (ala Tape), graduate with a Columbia degree, then transfer to Michigan for a graduate degree and a chance to play high D1 in his 5th year, like Castlin, Mullins, Adlesh, Tape, etc.

That would have been much better for Columbia as well.

Hanson's decision is even worse, for all the same reasons.

being from the Midwest I can tell you that Michigan carries more weight in the professional world than Columbia does. In Chicago, Michigan is right behind the U of Chicago and Northwestern for prestige.

My cousin graduated from Holt with Faulds. His dream school was always Michigan, even being in Michigan State's back yard. He didn't really like NYC and when Michigan gave him the opportunity how could he not take it?
I can hear Jimi!

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.198 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:56 PM