Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Penn II
mrjames 
Professor

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
02-24-20 09:10 AM - Post#301610    
    In response to whitakk

Before we get too far down the road of the narrative that Harvard is barely surviving in Ivy games, I think the issue of final score and "control" are different.

For instance, here were some of the leads Harvard has held in Ivy play (we could expand this to some of the games just prior to Ivy play as well):

vs. Dartmouth +12 with 2 to play
at Dartmouth +13 with 1 to play
at Yale +13 with 5 to play
vs. Columbia +6 with 3 to play
vs. Princeton +4 with 2 to play
vs. Penn +8 with 2:30 to play

Harvard never trailed in the final five minutes of any of its Ivy wins (NOTE: it did trail Columbia at times in OT).

Its free throw percentage in Ivy play has been appalling, or else some of those games that ended up close might not have. Everyone kind of joked hyperbolically about where Harvard would miss Bryce the most as "being the closer," but I'd argue it's been worse than anyone could have feared.

And I don't think that's going to change much down the stretch. Harvard might not be a double-digit favorite the rest of the way, so if it can get the wins necessary to make the Ivy Tourney, I'd expect they'll continue to be close.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.477 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:25 PM