Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Does standardized testing get dropped from the AI for the next two years?
penn nation 
Professor

Reg: 12-02-04
04-23-20 08:24 AM - Post#306528    
    In response to JDP

Yeah I raised this basic issue about a month ago about admissions in general in the IL.

My boychicks (juniors) were supposed to take the SAT for the first time in March. Virus took care of that.

Now, the earliest they'll be able to take it is late August, and there's no guarantee. College Board says they'll offer it at the end of every month, and if it's still not happening in person they'll offer a virtual SAT.

Anecdotally there are more schools that say they'll be "test optional" in terms of their admissions policy for this particular class. I know at my boys' school there was also initially a question of whether this semester's grades would have a pass/fail option to it, but ultimately I think they decided the existing grade system would continue (other than pass/fail for a course like physical education).

Also makes it very challenging for students and their families when you can't even visit colleges at all.

Edited by penn nation on 04-23-20 08:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.304 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:40 PM