Username Post: Ivy League Fall Sports Announcement
Mike Porter 
Postdoc
Mike Porter
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Reg: 11-21-04
07-07-20 06:55 PM - Post#310102    
    In response to Quake Show

Kind of surprised no one has been talking about this here. Everyone just waiting for the hammer to drop, so don't want to say it aloud and make it come true?

I'll be honest, I like to see Penn Football win and had some crazy moments in my Penn days like seeing the goalposts torn down and thrown into the Schuylkill (which in hindsight was extremely dangerous of course), but it doesn't matter much to me. I check scores and see how we are doing in the season maybe, so wouldn't be a huge loss personally.

BUT the elephant in the room is that they could easily come out tomorrow and say no sports in 2020 at all, and then poof goes the basketball non-conference schedule... or even worse, could say no sports in fall or spring and no basketball season whatsoever.

Depending on what IS said tomorrow, I think we will have to look closely to see how other schools/leagues respond. Depending, I wonder if there could be a negative affect on recruiting or more...
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.01 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:11 AM