Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ivy Season
rbg 
Postdoc

Reg: 10-20-14
10-14-20 01:52 PM - Post#314888    
    In response to rbg

https://yaledailynews.com/blog/2020/10/13/yale- ath...

After over three weeks of limited in-person athletic activity in Phases I and II, Yale Athletics is reverting to Phase 0 until at least Oct. 21 after six members of the Yale men’s hockey team tested positive for COVID-19.

https://yaledailynews.com/blog/2020/10/14/yale- ath...

With Yale athletics at Phase 0, where do the other Ivies stand?

Brown: Phase 1

- Christopher Humm, the director of athletic communications at Brown, told the News that strength and conditioning practice has resumed in Providence, noting that regulations vary across varsity teams in and out of season.

“The University will make a decision to advance to Phase II when it determines that it’s safe for the entire Brown community to move forward,” Humm added. -

Columbia: Phase 0

- While Columbia Athletics declined to comment, women’s tennis player Tatiana Ziff ’24 shared that she and other Lions are in a similar position because Columbia is also fully remote this semester.

“Basically right now Columbia is fully remote, and that includes athletics,” Ziff said. “They were about to open the gym to student-athletes … [but] that has been postponed for two weeks, so we are waiting on that. Besides that, we do not have access to any other athletic facilities.” -

Cornell: Phase 1

- In Ithaca, the Big Red have moved past Phase 0 and began Phase I on Sept. 29, according to The Cornell Daily Sun. Cornell Athletics did not respond to requests for comment on when the University plans to transition into Phase II.

Dartmouth: Phase 2

- Dartmouth’s Director of Varsity Athletics Communications Rick Bender detailed a similar timeline for the Big Green.

“The Dartmouth Athletics Reopening Task Force has been working diligently since March to return our student-athletes to some level of athletic activity in accordance with Ivy League and College policy as well as state and federal guidelines,” he said. “We were able to begin Phase I activity in late September after successfully completing the College quarantine period. Programs began transitioning to Phase II after satisfying our internal criteria for Phase I.”

“Right now we are excited that we have been able to resume any level of skill instruction and sport-related activity,” added Bender.

Volleyball player Ellie Blain ’24 told the News that Dartmouth entered Phase I on Sept. 28 and entered Phase II on Oct. 5. -

- Up north at Dartmouth, Bender said the decision to transition into Phase III will need to come in consultation with the broader college leadership. -

Harvard: Phase 2

- The Harvard Crimson reported that the school began Phase II on Oct. 5, exactly one week after the Crimson started Phase I on Sept. 28. -

- Although Harvard Athletics did not return the News’ requests for comment, spokesperson Tim Williamson told the Crimson earlier this month that he doubts the school will reach Phase III because increased group capacity and the relaxation of social distancing measures would run counter to Harvard policies. -

Penn - Phase 0

- “Since we have no students on campus, there is no [phasing-in] of any athletic activity nor will there be for the entirety of [the] fall semester,” Penn’s Director of Athletic Communications Mike Mahoney told the News. -

Princeton- Phase 0

- Similarly, Princeton has the large majority of their undergraduate population learning remotely and have not begun reopening athletic facilities. Student-athletes are, however, meeting virtually with their teams in accordance with NCAA and Ivy League guidelines. -

Yale: Phase 0 (from Phase 2)

- Last Wednesday, Yale teams entered Phase II of the three-tiered Ivy League plan to resume athletic activities before the Bulldogs returned to Phase 0 Tuesday evening after the emergence of a COVID-19 cluster within the Yale men’s hockey team. -

Edited by rbg on 10-14-20 02:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.413 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:15 AM