Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ivy Projections from Torvik
iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
10-07-21 06:07 PM - Post#326979    

I've been wondering how the stat guys will handle the Ivies preseason, due to the whole "not playing last year" thing. Bart Torvik is the first that I'm aware of who's posted his preseason projections: http://barttorvik.com/?conlimit=Ivy&sta te=All&...

He's got the Ivies ranked as follows (national ranking out of 358 teams in parentheses):
Yale (159)
Penn (205)
Princeton (213)
Harvard (220)
Brown (309)
Dartmouth (329)
Cornell (341)
Columbia (348)

If this played out, this would constitute the worst Ivy League we've had top-to-bottom in years. It's roughly comparable to the final numbers for 2017-18, when Penn got a 16-seed. But even then, the Ivy League had two top 150 teams and four top 200 teams in KenPom.

It's hard to say how you could account for a league simply not playing in an all-encompassing statistical model (I'd love to ask mrjames, but alas, 'tis not to be), but I have to think that the Ivy League is going to be massively undervalued as a whole to start the year.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.014 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:58 AM