Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ivy Projections from Torvik
iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
10-14-21 01:28 PM - Post#327143    
    In response to rbg

I think what's been lost is an equally important question as what's coming back. Continuity makes everything so much easier. Penn is usually good, yes, but Brodeur isn't going to be an easy player to replace - he was an extremely high-usage player around whom the entire offense and defense revolved. Yale loses Atkinson, who isn't going to be there to command a double every time down (which is gonna make offense a lot harder), they don't have an obvious replacement lined up, and they're going to be really really young in the frontcourt this year.

On the other side, Harvard lost plenty, but the fact that the league no longer has a ton of bruising post players makes losing Lewis hurt less (I will need to be substantially convinced that Mason Forbes will be a danger man this year, but his skinniness will hurt less without Aririguzoh/Atkinson/Brode ur/Knight to whale on him) and the others were really more role players than central pieces, with the possible exception of Juzang. I think Harvard might well be the leader in the clubhouse come Ivy season, especially if Yale can't come up with a solid contributor down low.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.216 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:10 PM