Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Drexel
JadwinGeorge 
Senior

Reg: 12-04-15
12-05-21 01:11 PM - Post#330669    
    In response to 1LotteryPick1969

Such a pleasure to read these posts from obvious great basketball minds. A 30-point second half is an excellent showing by the defense, best in previous 4 games for sure. Seven turnovers are the season low, a tribute to Llewellyn's ball handling skills. Henderson asks a lot from Jaelin and Tosan at both ends and it can't be any other way. The other night Jaelin did a very good job against Brandon Rush in the second half and tonight was assigned to Wynter. One's offense has to suffer under those circumstances. Henderson acknowledged that several of his players suffered from what seemed to be a campus-wide common cold wave, making it difficult to get quality practice time. He is not an excuse maker but all should be aware of the issue, which may be over now. Friberg's limitations in the last two games were definitely related to his physical problems. His return last night was welcome. Tosan's game was phenomenal, especially when you realize that Butler (along with Wynter) is a preseason all-conference pick. He could not do much with Tosan and eventually fouled out. Allocco is fearless and will definitely help the defense. He took a shot to the face which should have been a flagrant in my view but was not called. The Butler offensive foul on Bell in the final minute of OT was HUGE...could have gone either way. A little home cooking perhaps. We give up too many points, I admit, but when you play at the pace Henderson prefers, even insists upon, that is the inevitable result. We'll be OK if we can use an 8- or 9-man rotation which will require that we avoid injuries and foul trouble. A tough needle to thread for sure. If this team goes 8-6 I don't see how it does not reach the Ivy tourney. Kellman is a particular favorite of mine. I remember being at the FOPB golf tourney on the same day Kellman committed to the Tigers. Henderson was absolutely thrilled. His problem seems to be a tendency to put the ball on the floor, making him vulnerable to double-teams and causing turnovers. He started 4 straight games but is now deep on the bench. I think he played himself there. Wright is a pretty good rebounder without "much muscle."
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.3 seconds.   Total Queries: 19   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:46 AM