Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Penn II
iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
02-13-22 04:04 PM - Post#336360    
    In response to LyleGold

Merciful heavens, who knew that the Palestra was such serious business? I certainly am not jealous of the Palestra, if for no other reason than that PWG is an ideal type of gym for Ivy League teams nowadays: it's small enough that you could feasibly sell it out in non-tourney situations, and it's small in volume so that it doesn't need to be full to get loud (and gets really loud when it is full). For whatever reason, students just don't attend games in the same numbers that they evidently used to do. I can't comment on Penn's attendance, nor do I care to, but given the usual attendance at Yale games, I wouldn't want Yale to play home games in an 8700 seat gym. It'd feel cavernous and empty all the time.

Anyway, back to the game at hand: I think a key matchup will be Martz against Knowling (presuming Martz has passed protocols by Friday). They're both undersized 4-men who can handle the ball well, but with generally opposite scoring profiles. If either one proves incapable of guarding the other, that will place a lot of strain on the opposing defense.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.248 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:29 PM